You and Your Wedding, the UK’s top-selling bridal magazine, have come up with their Top Ten Rules for Wedding Dress Shopping - and by and large the sales girls at Tickled Pink here in Doncaster, are right on side. This is their advice :
1) Do your research first. BUT we say, also listen to advice from our girls, we have nearly thirty years experience in looking after some ten thousand brides to back us up.
2) Think about price. YES, BUT don’t forget, until you start seriously looking and discovering what suits you best, you won’t know where to start as regards price.
3) Keep the numbers down. WE TOTALLY AGREE. Too many opinions from friends and relatives can be confusing.
4) Alterations charges are usually extra . Yes there are charges, BUT Our Tickled Alterations Experts, are trained to make wedding dresses too, so they know the best way to get a fabulous fit.
5) Don’t try on the whole shop. GOOD ADVICE. Too many dresses, and the Bride will get confused and too tired to make a sound decision.
6) Only order when certain. GOOD ADVICE AGAIN. Your Order is a Contract with the retailer, who then places an order with a supplier, again forming a legally binding contract. It’s totally different from buying high street fashion where you can usually return goods.
7) Are you expecting to change shape ? Discuss it with the shop first. It’s quite normal for this question to come up, so discuss it with the Tickled Pink girls and then agree the best way forward.
8) Wear “sensible” underwear. WHAT WE SAY IS – choose the foundation garments that you plan to wear under your dress, whether sensible or sensational . Also, don’t forget to decide on your heel height too, so the dress length can be decided upon.
9) Don’t wear fake tan or heavy make-up. THIS IS PRETTY CRUCIAL ADVICE. You’ll find most shops will ask you to get into the dress with a chiffon headscarf over your head to protect the dress. Fake tan and make-up are a devil to get off such lovely fabrics.
10) Call Ahead. YES PLEASE, EVERY TIME. At Tickled Pink, we book out Personal Time for every bride. The only other way to do it, is to have a Waiting Area in the shop, with every client holding a number – just like at the Deli counter in the supermarket. It can make for an interesting visit, but it can also be very time-consuming. Our number 01302 842234 extn 20. Happy shopping !