Now is the perfect time to be choosing that most important Occasionwear outfit for the mother of the bride or groom. In stock right now is the full collection from our top designers who specialise in finding the perfect balance of style for mums. London-based John Charles, Italian-influenced Veni Infantino, and Ann Balon all-lace “wonder dresses” from Positano on the Amalfi Coast are all their to try on. Sizes from eight upwards, and all at prices that won’t break the bank. There are shoes and bags too, that can be dyed the exact shade to match or contrast.
Our lovely sales girls will be enjoying two days off on Easter Friday and Monday April 4th, and it will be super-service as normal on Saturday 2nd, and Tuesday the 5th. For your appointment please call us on 01302 842234 extn 20 for Bridal and extn 26 for Menswear.
Have a great time whatever you do – go to Church, boil your eggs, pig out on chocolate or enjoy a family get-together. Don’t forget, it originally was an ancient British Pagan festival celebrating the arrival of Spring and all things new, like bunnies and frisking lambs. AAA-aah !
Members of the UK’s top bridal retailer organisation, the Retail Bridal Association, (of which we are a founder member) have voted two of Tickled Pink’s suppliers as their favourites. Mother of the bride designer John Charles and the bridesmaid dress collection under the Kelsey Rose label came out best for design, reliability, value for money and customer service. Parent company Ellis, based in London, has just celebrated one hundred years in business. We salute a truly British company that never fails to please.
A big Thankyou to all those lovely brides and grooms who voted the Tickled Pink exhibition stand -”Simply the Best” at the Doncaster Racecourse Wedding Fayre on Sunday. Organised by Ido bridal magazine, the big event featured hundreds of exhibitors and was thronged with enthusiastic couples and their friends and familes from start to finish. Our stand featured Bridal gowns, bridesmaids dresses , mother of the bride and mother of the groom fashion plus mens formal wear -including the trend-setting colour, indigo.
Wedding magazine You and Your Wedding are tipping indigo as the new hot colour for the fellers – and at Tickled Pink we have been leading the way with a full range of outfits in stock to try on – plus the waistcoats and neckwear to coordinate perfectly.
Also trending this season – waistcoats in subtle checks. Ask the Mens Hire team for a viewing – waistcoats for sale, and only £40 in your size, ideal for wearing with suit jacket or jeans. What a bargain. and happy memories too.
One hundred and thirty exhibitors to choose from this coming Sunday at the Ido magazine wedding fayre at Doncaster Racecourse, with our Tickled Pink team there to meet you and answer all your wedding plan questions. You’ll find a marvellous selection on our stand – bridal gowns, bridesmaids dresses, outfits for mums and menswear too. Twenty seven years serving brides and still enjoying the chance to chat. Exhibition open from 10 am to 4.30 pm. You’ll find more about the day on-
Brides go free if you register your ticket online, and there’s a reduced price offer for guests and parties/
What a lovely card from Kate and Alex to say Thankyou to our girls in Mens Hire for their wedding day mens’ suits.
“The men looked fantastic in them. I cannot begin to tell you how many people commented on how lovely the suits looked – and they all fitted perfectly. We will definitely recommend you to everyone we can, as the service from start to finish was Five Star *****. xxxx.
Such lovely comments. We’re still blushing !
Sale time is over at Tickled Pink and now is the time traditionally that mothers of the bride and mothers of the grooms start seriously thinking about their occasionwear fashion outfit for that 2015 wedding.
What a glorious selection we have waiting for you right now – all newly arrived and just right for the special occasion. Styles from that talented Italian lady Veni Infantino working under the Ronald Joyce label, and that long time favourite with mums – John Charles, part of the 100 year-old London-based Ellis group. You’ll be delighted to know that Tickled Pink buyers have selected a wide range of different designs and sizes, to give you exclusivity and all at a reasonable price.
February has only just begun and already those in the know are making their choices. Give our number a call to book out your personal time – 01302 842234 extn 20. Be a fashion earlybird !
We hope you spotted our ad in the Doncaster Free Press Wedding Supplement, where the Catchline is “Be Inspired”. We are certain you will find all our wedding dresses, ladies fashion, and our menswear, truly inspirational.
Sale Time is over now but there are always our Manageress’s Specials on offer. Just ask.
You and Your Wedding, the UK’s top-selling bridal magazine, have come up with their Top Ten Rules for Wedding Dress Shopping - and by and large the sales girls at Tickled Pink here in Doncaster, are right on side. This is their advice :
1) Do your research first. BUT we say, also listen to advice from our girls, we have nearly thirty years experience in looking after some ten thousand brides to back us up.
2) Think about price. YES, BUT don’t forget, until you start seriously looking and discovering what suits you best, you won’t know where to start as regards price.
3) Keep the numbers down. WE TOTALLY AGREE. Too many opinions from friends and relatives can be confusing.
4) Alterations charges are usually extra . Yes there are charges, BUT Our Tickled Alterations Experts, are trained to make wedding dresses too, so they know the best way to get a fabulous fit.
5) Don’t try on the whole shop. GOOD ADVICE. Too many dresses, and the Bride will get confused and too tired to make a sound decision.
6) Only order when certain. GOOD ADVICE AGAIN. Your Order is a Contract with the retailer, who then places an order with a supplier, again forming a legally binding contract. It’s totally different from buying high street fashion where you can usually return goods.
7) Are you expecting to change shape ? Discuss it with the shop first. It’s quite normal for this question to come up, so discuss it with the Tickled Pink girls and then agree the best way forward.
8) Wear “sensible” underwear. WHAT WE SAY IS – choose the foundation garments that you plan to wear under your dress, whether sensible or sensational . Also, don’t forget to decide on your heel height too, so the dress length can be decided upon.
9) Don’t wear fake tan or heavy make-up. THIS IS PRETTY CRUCIAL ADVICE. You’ll find most shops will ask you to get into the dress with a chiffon headscarf over your head to protect the dress. Fake tan and make-up are a devil to get off such lovely fabrics.
10) Call Ahead. YES PLEASE, EVERY TIME. At Tickled Pink, we book out Personal Time for every bride. The only other way to do it, is to have a Waiting Area in the shop, with every client holding a number – just like at the Deli counter in the supermarket. It can make for an interesting visit, but it can also be very time-consuming. Our number 01302 842234 extn 20. Happy shopping !
It’s that glorious Sale Time again as Tickled Pink of Hatfield enters the new year with some sparkling bargains, as we continue to refresh our inspiring range of wedding dresses and accessories. Bridal gowns, bridesmaids dresses, mother of-the-bride fashion and accessories. New 2015 styles arriving now, mean that some of our lovely in-stock dresses have to find new homes. It’s certainly worth a visit, so why not call our girls on 01302 842234 extn 20 for your Appointment.
While you are there check out the Mens Formal Hire outfits. Remember, we carry our own stock of hirewear, so everything you try and on reserve for your wedding is exactly what you get for the Big Day. Have you a colour scheme in mind ? – it’s so convenient for matching up all round.
Best wishes to everyone for 2015 from the Tickled Pink Team.